The starting point for post 9/11 Environmental Issues is NYCOSH (New York Committee for Occupational Safety and Health): http://www.nycosh.org/index_environment_wtc.html
They are a non-profit that coordinates the work-related health and safety advocacy for a lot of unions and other groups in NYC (there are similar groups in other cities, in Philadelphia it's called PHILcosh or something like this). Their web site lists the significant events/legislation that have happened/been enacted on health issues since 9/11. I just started digging into all their materials, enough to see that a timeline needs to be created just to get up to speed with the major players we need to interview. So I thought I would start working on this.
I also contacted the office of US Representative Jerrold Nadler whose jurisdiction covers lower Manhattan, I believe, and has been very active in air quality and other environmental issues. His office gave me some material to go over, so I'm going to start digging into that.
Lastly, I'm going to see if there are any scientists on campus or at the NYU Medical Center who know how to test the air quality.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment